Friday, August 15, 2014

The Simplicity of God

"It can't be that easy"

I sat with her at her kitchen table. God had prompted me to sit down with her and share the salvation message. Her children had heard it a hundred times. They came to church without her. Single mom, drug addict, life filled with one pain after the other.

She listened intently as I answered her questions about why I beleive in God, why I know He is real, how He saves......... And when she asked me what she had to do to have what I have, and I simply said, "Ask!"

She proceeded to tell me about her past experiences with religion and how she had been hurt and confused by it all. Having been painted a picture of God as a big giant ruler with a set of standards that no one could possibly live up to.....

So I asked her to pray. And she did. And she was saved, born again, and she stated all the things that happen once Christ has come in and made you new, that "tingling" all over, that incredible weight lifted off your shoulders....

"That's how you know it's real!!!
And yes, it's very simplistic.

When my sisters and I were young we sang together a lot. We did music with a purpose. One of the songs we sang was called "The Eagle Song" by The Imperials.

One of the verses in that song has always stuck in my mind.

"What human intellect can't sway must be explained away, earth, wisdom, creation of men.
Search without end to fill the spirit housed within, simplicity of God somehow escapes man."

With all the knowledge and science and searching for answers about the origin of absolutely everything, mankind overlooks the only answer that is reasonable. All because to them, "It can't be that easy!" To just simply accept that "In the beginning GOD....... And that's all there is to it.

Have you ever wondered why it seems the most intelligent people on earth according to the standards of earth have such a difficult time believing in The God that created them?

Luke 11:9&10 says this: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and if you knock the door will be opened!"
Pretty simplistic.

Today if you are confused, if you feel that salvation is difficult to attain or that you have to earn it in some complicated fashion, I'm here to assure you that all you need to do is ask. Yes it's that simple!

1 comment:

  1. I remember you telling me about this story! So awesome (:

    ReplyDelete